Almost everyone has been affected by bullying in some way. Whether you have been bullied yourself, have been a bully, or have witnessed bullying.
It is an epidemic that is sweeping our nation, causing pain, sorrow, and in the worst circumstances, death. Suicide as a result of bullying, known as bullicide, is an unfortunate reality that we hear about all too often on the news and in our communities.
October is Bullying Prevention and Awareness Month, so we thought it would be the perfect time to remind everyone that bullying is a real problem and it is not ok.
As in all things that we do, we always look to flowers to guide us, so we used a traditional technique for designing floral set pieces and created a floral plaque to convey our message: Stop Bullying.
We then invited Stein’s employees, family, friends and neighbors to hold our sign and say something inspirational about bullying.
This created a rather touching and inspirational video. We hope you enjoy it and that you do your part to end the cycle of bullying, this month and always. Speak up, stand up, and don't let anyone be bullied.
Some statistics about bullying:· 1 out of every 4 teens are bullied.
· As many as 160,000 students stay home on any given
day because they’re afraid of being bullied.
· 1 out of every 5 kids admits to being a “bully” or doing
· 282,000 students are physically attacked in
secondary schools each month.
· 80% of the time an argument with a bully will end up
in a physical fight.
· On the playground, a child is bullied every 7 minutes…
o 4% of the time an adult intervenes,
o 11% of the time a peer intervenes,
o 85% of the time no one intervenes.
· 97% of middle schoolers are bullied while online.
· 33% of students have heard another student threaten
to kill someone.
For more information about bullying prevention visit